My 10 No B.S. Tips That Went Viral
You may have figured out by now that I am not much for sugar-coating things or beating around the bush. I really think those tendencies run rampant these days and are part of the reason why we are in this obesity crisis. I’m a member of several online health and fitness discussion groups and forums and I am constantly seeing the same misguided questions and misconceptions posted. I recently addressed them with a post in one of my groups containing the 10 items I have listed below and it went off! I really didn’t expect such a response but it has received thousands of “likes” and comments. I guess it resonated with people. Anyway, here it is. If even one helps you, then it was worth sending!
1. You cannot spot reduce fat. The first place it goes is usually the last place it leaves but no specific exercise is going to burn fat in one area of your body. Focus on reducing overall body fat and it will eventually leave your problem area.
2. Rest days are built into the programs by the experts for a reason. Respect that! More is not better! Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen and built during rest.
3. The workout you like least in your program is probably the one you need the most. Stop swapping out workouts just because you don’t like them. If you are not doing yoga, you are not doing P90X. If you are swapping out Cardio Flow, you are not doing 21 Day Fix Extreme.
4. No one program is “better” than another. Which program is best for you depends on your goals, your fitness level, your equipment, and several other factors. What’s best for someone else, might not be best for you and that’s OK.
5. It’s totally normal to gain a little weight when starting a new program. Don’t freak out! It’s a good thing. Why? Read THIS.
6. Be patient and trust the system. You can’t undo years (or decades) of bad habits in a few weeks. Keep fighting each day.
7. Lifting heavy weight DOES NOT make women “bulky”!!!
8. You simply cannot out-train poor or even mediocre nutrition!
9. If you are not ready to prepare your own meals at least 3 days in advance, you are not ready for serious results
10. Follow the darn schedule – it was sequenced that way by THE EXPERTS for a reason.
What do you think? Did any of these hit home with you?