Grilled Chicken with Honeyed Apples
This grilled chicken dish topped with honey and sautéed apples is great for a healthy sweet-and-savory chicken recipe.
- ¼ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 dash sea salt
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
Preheat grill or broiler.
Combine wine, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1 tsp. olive oil.
Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Set aside.
While chicken is cooking, heat remaining 3 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add apples, onion, and wine mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until apples are tender and liquid thickens slightly to sauce consistency.
Serve apples over chicken.